Here's how my blog measures up:
- No Author Biographies. Guilty.
- No Author Photo. Guilty.
(Then again, I don't post dozens of high resolution photos of myself like Mr. Nielsen)
- Nondescript Posting Titles. Not guilty.
- Links Don't Say Where They Go. Not guilty.
(I'm on a roll.)
- Classic Hits are Buried. Guilty.
(Well, I was on a roll.)
- The Calendar is the Only Navigation. Not guilty.
- Irregular Publishing Frequency. Guilty.
- Mixing Topics. Guilty.
- Forgetting That You Write for Your Future Boss. Not guilty.
(Heck, I am writing for my current boss most of the time.)
- Having a Domain Name Owned by a Weblog Service. Guilty.
Update. I previously ended this post in mid-thought. To answer my own question, I expect this blog to be read by only a handful of colleagues, friends, and family. It started as an experiment and I keep going mostly because I enjoy writing. Getting a better score on the "Nielsen test" is the least of my concerns -- especially if it requires a lot of work.
Of course, I do hope people enjoy Runtime Log. Many thanks for reading!